Theme 1: Finding the way
24 Nov 2009 08:30 - 28 Nov 2009 08:30 | Online
The title of the conference is 'Thriving, not just surviving!' The themes for Innovating e-Learning 2009 reflect the challenges facing further and higher education in the 21st century and explore the increased options offered by technology for meeting those challenges.
Focuses on exploring guiding principles for technology-enhanced learning and teaching. Drawing on insights from recent JISC-funded research and other leading thinkers in the field, this theme asks questions such as:
- How can we ensure that adoption of technology will enhance learning and transform teaching and assessment practice?
- What are the benefits and challenges posed by open educational resources?
- Is there a role for social media in institutional practice?
- What are learners’ experiences of technology in learning and teaching? Can institutions meet the challenges posed by learners’ needs and expectations?
Theme 2: Meeting the challenge
Looks at the integration of technology-mediated practice under specific agendas: meeting the needs of employers, delivering learning on a global scale, developing sustainable and external-facing strategies for curriculum development.
- How can institutions respond with more agility to the changing needs of the workplace?
- How can institutions engage employers in curriculum design?
- Adopt or avoid? Can virtual worlds open up new routes to learning?
- What are the top 5 challenges facing institutions in the 21st century?
If you are a researcher, institutional manager or practitioner involved in technology-enhanced learning and teaching, Innovating e-Learning 2009 will be of interest to you. Delegates from further and higher education and from overseas are welcome.
Proceedings take place in an asynchronous virtual environment which can be accessed wherever and whenever is convenient to you. The 2009 conference also includes opportunities to participate in real-time sessions in Elluminate® a tool for interactive online collaboration, see presenters on video, meet other delegates in the Virtual Coffee Shop and try your hand at new tools and techniques.